- Two or three families share the nanny all the time, so the nanny cares for all children at the same time.
- The nanny looks after one family some of the time and the other family for some of the time.
- The families can divide the time equally, so the nanny goes to one home for half the week, and the other home for the rest of the week.
Who can I share a nanny with?
You can either share with someone you know, or with someone you don’t know. It helps if both families live locally. If you are going to share with a friend, then still ensure that it is a business relationship.
Greater flexibility in a nanny share – the advantages for many families:
- Your children will have the best of both worlds. Almost individual care, but with other children for play and company
- You have the flexibility of a nanny with lower costs
- You will have additional backup if the nanny is ill – you could share the childcare between both families.
Nannies on a Mission will help you find the right nanny for your nanny share arrangement. We have particular expertise with dealing with nanny shares, and as they are more common, nannies are more willing to work for more than one family.
All credit card payments incur a 2.9% surcharge as per PayPal business guidelines. Please see their product terms and conditions.